I want you to imagine what your life would be like if everything just went smoothly. What would a day like that be like?
Now I want you to imagine the top five things in your life that drain you of energy. (It’s okay to have “spouse” or “kids” on that list, I won’t tell :))
Okay, great. So now you have five things you know you need to work with (If you would have the energy to do it, that is).
Now I want you to visualize what your life is going to be like when you have solved those 5 issues to the point that they are no longer an issue. What are you going to create instead?
This blog is about all that. I help you to let go of of blocking issues that hold you back, so you can create space for fresh, new energy instead and start to create your dream from there.
If you’re in a victim mindset, you always ask yourself “why”. With this blog I want to replace the “why” with “how”, which is a much better way to approach an issue.
What you can expect from Zen and then some:
If you’re looking for a quick fix self help blog to solve all your problems… well, then this blog isn’t for you. Sorry. You WILL get your sh*t toghether by reading this blog, but this also requires a huge amount of work from your side.
But if you’re ready to commit to putting in the work required to change your life to the better, then I’m all yours.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, psychologist, psychotherapist or any of that sort. I only share tips and methods that have worked well for me. See my full disclaimer here.
Get your sh*t togheter
Zen and then some is a lifestyle/ personal development/ self help blog for you who want to improve your life, but don’t know how to do that exactly. You are willing to put in the work. You want to get your sh*t together, toss out the bad stuff and let the good stuff grow.
Do I have my sh*t toghether, you ask? No, not at all. I am a huge fan of life long learning and personal development, which means that I know I won’t be perfect, ever. Depressing? No, inspiring!
The zen stuff
I share meditation tips, mindfulness practices and zen inspired exercises to help you achieve a life of simplicity and joy. My mission is to help you clear out cluttered space in your mind and let beautiful experiences enter your reality instead.
Some key points of this blog
Okey, so here are some key points you’re going to read over and over in this blog:
- Write in a journal. If you don’t do it already, start now. Seriously.
- You can’t stack your dreams on top of a pile of garbage. That’s just not how it’s done. A huge part of this blog is about helping you to ditch that garbage so that you can start to create amazing stuff in your life.
- Habits: The results you have in your life today is nothing but your accumulated previous actions, governed by your habits. If you want to change your life, start by changing your habits. Reading this blog is a way to start 🙂
- The law of attraction in action. I’m a dedicated long-term practitioner of the law of attraction and I am stunned by the results it creates in my everyday life. I don’t want you to miss that, so I share the most valuable insights I’ve come across myself so you can copy/paste the methods into your own life.
- Be creative, always! It is my firm belief that we are put on this earth to express ourselves creatively.
- Introverts, unite! (separately, in our own homes!) As a highly introverted INFJ person, I study the topic of introversion compulsively in order to find out what is REALLY wrong with me. Something must be wrong, since I’m weirder that everyone else, right? If you are like me, I have some good stuff for you.
- The book list. From time to time I will recommend a book if I believe it is worth your time and can help you on your self development journey.
If you made it all the way to here, you are ready! I’ve created a free pdf below that you can download to get started with 5 new habits in 20 days.
Theresa/ Zen and then some
PS/ I have some boring stuff for you too. It’s a little like kale: not always deicious, but good for you: